Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Serving Tea


I know a woman who did a degree in theology. Following her primary degree, she decided to do a Masters. On obtaining her Masters she announced she was going on mission to Africa, and hoped to be working in a university. When I asked about her work, she replied, "oh, I don't mind if I just get to make the tea, I just would love to be in the university environment."


As it happened the mission was put off for a while and in the meantime she ended up in another country where she went to a Catholic conference. She introduced herself to the organisers and told them about her qualifications and if in any way she could help, she would be delighted. The organisers thanked her and asked her if she wouldn't mind helping out with the teas as they had no one to serve the tea. She left the conference and reported that it was the worst conference she ever went to, not what she had expected at all.

Ambition is a terrible thing. To serve or to lecture, that is the question!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry - I didn't know you were on Blogger as well as Wordpress.

    Love this - the laughter of recognition! Don't we all love to be loved?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! You know, I wasn't sure whether to do blogger blog or not but if you want to comment or follow a blogger blog then it's very handy. Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete